06 June 2020

WARREN


I know this came out in 2017, but Budapest's WARREN are pure mid-'00s stadium crust, and I mean that in the most positive way. A Nightmares gallop throughout, with those constant guitar leads that are just on the verge of too much. The drums on this recording are devastating (and massive sounding), begging even further complimentary comparisons to FAR, while there's a bitter snarl in the vocals that keep them from falling into the abyss of like-ness. Only five tracks (there are four more on the previous year's release), and the end of the tape sounds like a segue to a sequel...that appears to have led to silence.



1 comment:

Sinpunk said...

Gonna have to check this out later . I love that you have posted about bands in places I've lived , Tulsa , Noman , Bakersfield (currently) . I enjoy checking out your blog and seeing what bands you have posted and I can check out and hear new bands .