01 June 2020

ENEMY


For the most part, I leave politics out of here. I'm not making an effort to be apolitical or walk a fence, I just genuinely think that the overwhelming majority of people looking for the shit I sling around over here are of a similar mindset. Disillusioned with concepts of "justice," conscious of the realities of privilege, discrimination and oppression, and generally fucking pissed. I'm white, grew up safe, in a predominantly white small town in an area that was completely stolen from Native Americans, and I never had to acknowledge or even recognize the luxury that I was afforded by a culture built on the brutalization of The Other. I felt like growing up there sucked, and I was often pretty miserable. I felt like I had it pretty rough. I didn't. If you aren't aware of the injustice and brutality that has never stopped and has led us to the world we live in today, then you are willfully ignoring reality - and likely your own privilege. What you do with that awareness can take many forms, constructive or otherwise, and that path is yours. These days I find myself equal parts furious, terrified, confused and inspired. We've been talking about burning down the system for 35 years...

Also, this ENEMY tape (their second) is positively crushing. 
Sounds pissed, feels pissed....it pissed. 

No comments: