18 June 2020

AVOID


Derby's AVOID appeared to have faded away after this demo dropped, but I've said countless times that if you're going to make something this fucking good then there's nothing wrong with throwing in the towel. Insanely catchy early '80s UK punk, a bit of an early LA cruising vibe that is probably accidental (and we're mostly talking the guitars here). Six tracks,  and if these had been split up into three separate 45s then all of the mongers would be sniffing them out relentlessly....but instead it's a tape, so you get to crank it here. 

I first shared this in Terminal Escape's infancy, and I mentioned a second demo...that I can't seem to put my eyes and ears on. The search continues. 

1 comment:

Nzpunker said...

saw these guys in the mid-80s lots of fun...they're also on the Morning Peasants comp (2 tracks - Friday Night and Gas Bill)