23 June 2020

ALTAR DUATA


This Texas outfit snuck up on me - there was a collection tape before I knew they existed. There's a relationship to NOSFERATU, and that comes as not surprise when you feel the energy ALTAR DUATA injects into their goth punk. It's a reckless representation of a genre that too often appears calculated and manufactured. I feel like if SMUT took all of the acid and tried to sound like UK DECAY then this is what you would get...and I'm completely ok with getting that shit. For a similar but different endorsement, when I first heard this tape I had the same reaction I had the first time I heard FUNERAL PARADE. High powered darkness with plenty of diversions, this cassette from Pissed Off! collects tracks from a few existing releases for ease of consumption, so....do your job.
 ============================


No comments: