20 November 2018

FANCY


I wanna tell you about the FANCY set I saw back in March: It was fire. Like, that pretty much sums it up. Every individual element was simultaneously stuck in its own world, buried in its own process, and still they were acting together like a fucking machine. The singer had a sport coat and a briefcase for seemingly no reason whatsoever, and was a freak of nature on stage. Their breakdowns made you want to lose control completely, except that you didn't want to miss whatever FANCY was gonna do next. I feel like there probably weren't that many people watching (it was early), but that might be because I spent their entire set having a moment - I was in my own world as much as the people on stage were, dragging myself into the present periodically, just to exchange "holy shit, this is happening" looks with Karoline in the form of "Kill Everything" smiles stretched from ear to ear. This fire was a disease, and it was infectious. If you do nothing else of consequence today, crank "What You Got?" - listen to it loud and listen to it repeatedly. Let those 46 seconds be a declaration, and a challenge. 




No comments: