12 July 2012

PROXY


Sent in by a F.O.T.E. while I was on tour last month, this demo unfortunately spent far too long languishing on my shelf before I finally got wise and took a few minutes to devour its contents. And my procrastination started biting me in the ass thirteen seconds into "Police Car (Goin' Home)," a brilliantly and simply crafted two riff anthem with a flawless bass solo and in your face (but tongue in cheek) lyrics that draws you in instantly. Pressed in the tried and true Riot City/UK82 mold, these Quebecers nail it better than any band I've heard since CRIMINAL DAMAGE. PROXY's take is a touch more rock 'n roll, but the result is similar - every song is a total banger and instant classic. Yeah, "Wasted Days" is cheesy as shit in both content and presentation, but it just fukkn rules. And bad ass is bad ass, even if you've heard it before.

4 comments:

Jimmy said...

Isn't there some ex members of Inepsy in this band?

the wizard said...

And Truncheons.

Anonymous said...

Chany the singer from inepsy plays bass and Tyler the bassist from truncheons plays lead guitar

the wizard said...

re-upped.