15 July 2012

COMMUNION


I hope that wherever you are when you listen to this, you are alone. And I hope that you are ready. A relic from 1995, COMMUNION's Their Despair In Gentle Things is a bizarre proto-industrial/goth/new age/noise hybrid flooded with genuine weirdness that gives each aspect of their sound and indescribable authenticity - and still I remain aurally convinced that somehow these people are punks. There are elements straight out of my early '90s dance club excursions, but just as many moments of ambience and noise that showcase a musical outfit well ahead of the their time. This is transcendental, and requires full attention - even if only a fraction of you bother to download, I sincerely hope that those who do are willing to dedicate the time and emotional attention required to fully digest this. The keyboards on much of the second side are reminiscent of Wax Trax-era CONTROLLED BLEEDING (I'm reminded of CLOCK DVA as well), but instead of driving dance beats, COMMUNION concentrate on psychedelic overdubs and TG style mind warps. Two tracks totaling 90 minutes, every element is masterful...I swear this is worth it.


5 comments:

- - - said...

holy shit this is really fvcking good...

Anonymous said...

This was really rad, thanks for posting it.

Voluspa9 said...

If this is the same Communion, I am pretty sure I played a show with them in '97 in some record store in Maryland.

the wizard said...

Link repaired.

IsuzuGeek said...

Downloaded this ages ago from you, and I am now listening to it. Fucking insanely good. I need this tape.