09 January 2024

ANCIENT SCROLLS

 



Sometimes the perfect things appear exactly when you need them. Not when you're looking for them or when you want them...but when you need them. This ANCIENT SCROLLS tape has been in my possession for some time (exactly when it arrived? I'll never know because we aren't just talking about physical possession here, right?), I had easy access to it and had scanned my gaze right past it dozens of times before I reached for it last week. I reached for it, I popped it in the stereo, and I continued about my day - until ANCIENT SCROLLS slowly but very steadily made its presence felt. Having a conversation? There were the sounds. Feeding the cat? Listen to this. Getting some mundane housework taken care of? NCIENT SCROLLS are with you. Until the only conversation was about this - this present (double meaning absolutely intentional). And now, ANCIENT SCROLLS are everywhere. The sound is something like an astral collision of TANGERINE DREAM, SURVIVE and OZRIC TENTACLES....but I'm not just talking about the sound. Or the tape. The tape is a physical representation, and the tape sounds fucking cool. But I'm talking about the perfeft things that come into your life exactly when you need them, no matter how long they've been there.




No comments: