25 March 2023

AT JENNIE RICHIE

 


After 4700+ posts, I feel like I should give myself the latitude to create absurd new subgenre descriptors from time to time, and I will take advantage of that latitude now. Since the early 2000s, Washingtons AT JENNIE RICHIE have cranked out dozens of releases with titles like Rectums Merging and Maximum Minimalism, perfecting and then manipulating their surrealist psycho-industrial ambience into new and disparate sound amalgamations with each recording. 2005's Absurd Machine Drama came near the beginning of their journey - two subdued and understated sonic excursions that fill just over one quarter hour with a murky presence. There is more (there is so much more) but I recommend that you start slow, because AT JENNIE RICHIE will prove more than happy to overwhelm the aggressive visitor. 

No comments: