31 August 2022

GRINCH

 

I could write about GRINCH a lot. A few anecdotes from when I lived in the same flat with Ron, some second hand road tales from their last tour in the late '90s. but mostly I could write a lot about the music. GRINCH built this bridge that no one seemed to want to cross, though with hindsight I think maybe no one else was brave enough to cross it (the split with LOST GOAT was a perfect pairing of the two bands who really dared and really put it out there). Firmly rooted in Bay Area hardcore and punk (members did time in CHRIST ON PARADE, SCREW 32 and CRIMPSHRINE, among a host of others), they played a dark brood that was almost accessible, almost grunge, almost stoner rock, almost UNSANE, and always distant and...interesting. No one sounded like GRINCH, and no one has since. What if this is the line that connects JAWBREAKER to EL DOPA....see? I could write a lot about GRINCH. 

Edit: I uploaded an empty file. I apologize. Now I have uploaded a file that contains excellent rock music.

2 comments:

Icky said...

Oops - looks as tho the file is empty upon download...

the wizard said...

Oops indeed. The linked file is now full.