20 February 2022

HOARDER

 

Yet another dose of pure ferocity that went largely unnoticed outside of their immediate bubble. Or at least outside of my immediate bubble, which is absolutely more of a critique of me than of them. Because as far as they (HOARDER) are concerned, I've got nothing but praise for 2018's Destroyed. Vocals sound like they are trying to demagnetize just so they can cut your throat (you probably deserve it), the songs are ruthless modern incarnations of the straight forward all-go-no-slow USHC that dominated the turn of the century....and riffs for fucking days. Sometimes I think I'll be caught up with the all of the shit I kinda 2010s sometime around 2030, because the good stuff (like HOARDER) requires more than a casual coupla listens; when a band lays it all out like this, when a band clearly fukkn lives it, I feel like the listener owes them the same. Get inside it. Get pissed. 


Choice cuts:
"Weak" // "Worthless" // "Dead Last" // "Shut Up" // "Destroyed"
...you get the idea. 

 

No comments: