23 February 2022

CONTROLLED EXISTENCE // MINDFUCK



Nothing reinforces my affinity for face melting grind/crust like spending a few days away and then returning to the genre, fully caffeinated. And I can't think of a return than Prague's CONTROLLED EXISTENCE - throaty anarcho/crust femme barks lead a relentless churning assault that barely leaves time for breath between songs. There's a guitar break near the end of "Krkavčia Matka" that is so perfectly executed, so fucking deadly...I swear I relistened to those few seconds ten times in rapid succession before finishing their side. Not to be outdone, Slovak grinders MINDFUCK live up to their name with harsh, raw, erratic bursts - the kind of shit that just puts you on edge. This is what I wanted, this is how I hoped to start my day. And one ten year old cassette packed with brutality took care of me. 



No comments: