06 September 2021

PAX TITANIA

 


I'm going to (once again) say that I don't really know shit about noise. But I know what I like, and I can (sometimes) offer a half assed explanation of why I like it. It's the rhythm here - PAX TITANIA kinda throb their way through these two live recordings from 2007/08, venturing into what might (in another world) be a minimal techno set but staying firmly planted in raw, weird, improvisational ambience; so much more trance-like than what likely get's passed of as "trance" as a subgenre. The second piece, recorded at the venerable Tampa Noise Fest, is fucking masterful - primitive electronics punctuated by harsh noise that devolves into a series of erratic fits and starts, that then gets absorbed by hard synth driven pulsations...like Peter Shilling finally tracked down ground control, after it was too late. Dig it. 

No comments: