29 August 2021

NATURAL ABUSE

 



How did I miss this a decade ago when it dropped? NATURAL ABUSE left the earth in 2010 with a monster they simply called 6 Trax Punk, and it makes my face hurt today. "Tedium." "Deformed." "Scum." "Negative." "Lost." "Noize." Everything faster than everything else, everything louder than everything else, regardless of fidelity. Desperate marble mouthed howls frantically chase after blinding blasts so the band can drop into a hardcore stomp in unison. Highlights: 
• The empty bass intro that starts "Lost"
• The brief moment feedback leading into "Tedium" that perks me up and makes me think I'm about to listen to "The Biggest Lie"
•The part where "Negative" tries to be a regular hardcore song and fails miserably but of course succeeds because it fails so enthusiastically
Six trax here, as the cover suggests, that take up less than seven minutes. Brace yourself, punks, and never stop looking for the things you missed...




No comments: