30 August 2021

CHARLEY DJANGO

 

I can' decide where I'm at on this one. The opening track "Needle," hits my 1990 self just right. Vibes that would have worked on ALICE IN CHAINS' Dirt, a record that I obsessed on for a solid year; just a murky alt/grunge blues dirge. I recognize that it's not a thing that I need, or even want, but if this is your thing then this track fucking nails it. After that song wraps...there are three more songs. "Caterpillar" continues on the same path, but with less of an edge and a more modern rock radio energy. Then comes "'89" and I'm starting to feel like I've been duped, just shitty blues/funk through a '90s alternative filter and "Outside The Market" which comes off like a lost GIN BLOSSOMS track. I know what you're thinking,,,,,,"Why?" Well, that "Needle" song is objectively good even if it's not your thing. And the rest of it? Well?




No comments: