05 August 2021

DEAD AND GONE



I remember the first time I read about DEAD AND GONE in MRR. I'd never seen them, since they were an Oakland band and we were determined (and/or paranoid) San Francisco mutants, but someone in that rag described them as "the future of hardcore" or something like that. I'm not saying that reviewer was wrong, but it might have been more accurate to lave out a few of the words and just describe them as "future hardcore." This tape is almost thirty fucking years old, which kinda blows my mind. Because it still sounds like it's from the future. 
 

2 comments:

realstunted said...

This is awesome to have. Brian's bass sounds way more like Dave Ed from Neurosis than I usually associate with D&G, super interesting to hear the evolution of their sound.

FiveGunsWest said...

Hey Wiz,
You're dead on on Dead And Gone, I'm like how did I miss this and wow, who is this like in new band. I was in a few bands in SF. Had a rehearsal space at Frederick & Stanyan for a long time. Thanks for posting! This is great!