24 May 2021

JERRY'S KIDZ

The Noise Addiction blog shared this shared sometime in the last decade (with song titles - which are still up there if you're inclined to do some digging and editing), but that was like three hardcore generations ago. So how juiced was I when I pulled out a tape of an AVENGERS set from '79 and saw the JERRY'S KIDZ demo on the same tape? ADOLESCENTS radio set from '81 too...all praise tape traders...but it's this dose of unhinged New Mexico hardcore that made me pop the tape in, and I promptly lost my shit just like I did the first time I heard "Social Drinker." Completely damaged, fast as shit sun baked USHC - raised on a diet of MDC, early-FLAG in the shadows of the Sandia Mountains. No clue if there was ever a "proper" release or any artwork associated with this 1983 recording, but it pops up on trade lists throughout the decade, and rightly so. I don't even think I listened to the AVENGERS set that day...just hit rewind and listened to this shit again. 



No comments: