04 May 2021

DOUBLE THINK



I don't know how many times I've said it, but it's impossible to fathom how many DOUBLE THINKs existed in the world. I'm not talking about bands called DOUBLE THINK, though there were likely many, I'm talking about bands who sound like (this) DOUBLE THINK. Fast, tight, proficient...they were called "melodic hardcore" at the time - metallic speed riffing, whiny nasal vocals, probably a few too many songs about girls, minor chord rhythm guitars and ripping leads. If you lived through the era then you have seen this band one hundred times. The were called NOAH FENCE in Ontario. They were called KPF in San Jose. They were called USELESS ID in Israel. They were called HEFFER in Brazil. They were seriously everywhere. DOUBLE THINK were from Sacramento...and maybe the guitar player is in EVANESCENCE now? Wake me up. 


No comments: