26 October 2020

CRUTCH // PAVEL CHEKOV



Garett sent me this one a few weeks back (because I asked nicely) and holy fuck am I glad I was lucky enough to see CRUTCH while they were still in action. They are completely stripped down until there's nothing left but skin and attack - I hear them coming like a bullet out of decades lost. "Misanthrope" with its weird overdub and the jerky not-quite-right blast pretty much sums up their side of the tape, a simple and complicated collection of unbridled rage, and I love it. PAVEL CHEKOV drop six minutes of tangible tonnage on the flip - total grinding insanity with no nuance anywhere in sight (reminds me of Chicago's WORN//OUT in the best way). Just devastation, kinda like waking up in the morning. I think I might like this even more because I wish that I had been in either of (or both of) these bands. 


No comments: