05 August 2015

FAYE ADAMS


Back with a bang, and sharing one of the many gems I scooped on our travels. FAYE ADAMS dropped a few killer 45s in the before returning to gospel music in the early 1960s, and this (presumably unofficial) compilation puts several of them together for your enjoyment. The sultry swagger of "It Hurts My Heart," the fire of "I'll Be True" (covered later by Bill Haley, and it's easy to see why he was drawn to the track) and the tent revival passion that comes through in "Somebody, Somewhere" are just a few of the highlights here, but I think "Tag Along" is my favorite track on this tape...a playful innocent romp. Just one of the many gifts from the 25¢ bin at the Silver St. Salvation Army in Albuquerque (same box that brought us the FREDDY K. & THE BREEZE from last summer's visit). You're welcome.


3 comments:

Dk said...

Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!! Oh, man! ...sweeeeeet!!

Dk said...

Oops. Got so excited about this post that I forgot to welcome you back. Welcome back, Wizard!!!

Anonymous said...

very interesting , thanks for sharing it the wizard !!!