08 June 2016

THE DARK


I wish I could describe the feeling of seeing THE DARK in Oakland a few weeks back. It was pure and exposed, like experiencing desperation in the flesh, and one quick look around the room made it clear that I wasn't the only person who felt it. Fortunately the power translates to this little plastic shell, and the four tracks you have at your fingertips right now are set to carry you away. For visitors who want something concrete to cling on to, THE DARK hit me like a perfect collision of AMEBIX and '80s Japanese punk (MASTURBATION, GHOUL, ADK Records stuff)...and I'm well aware of how high those comparisons set the bar. 

Members of CONDITION, TUBERCULOSIS and others, in case you are keeping track...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome. I've always wanted to an Amebix inspired post punk band with a sound based on stuff like "The Darkest Hour."

shitekrust said...

This is good, real good. Thanks. Just noticed they released a second cassette, will have to track that one down.