20 January 2013

PREGNANCY SCARES


Guitars have rarely sounded this perfect - gain cranked to the absolute max and intensity piercing through the speakers. No distortion, but the sound is just disgusting...blown out in the Superfuzz Big Muff way, not the DISCLOSE way. The vocals are every bit as intent on chaos, and endless saliva drenched spew that simultaneously harnesses teen angst and young adult desperation. The demo comes from 2011, they made a record with Deranged last year..sometimes I wish Canada were not so far from my house. Actually I wish that quite often. "(Not) The Rat" is my personal favorite, but seriously: the slow part in the middle of "X-Ray In My Head"? That shit is just plain perfect.


There have been a few problem posts over the last few weeks, several of which were difficult to deal with because I was out of town and away from the Terminal Escape Song Bank (also known as a computer). Mediafire has obviously been sucking a big one and I'm looking elsewhere, a daunting task considering what is currently hosted on that site. But for now, HYSTERICS has been once again re-named, re-zipped and re-uploaded, as has the Underage Minneapolis comp. This will be the last time for both of these. In addition, 2011's STARING PROBLEM has been reloaded, and I fixed yesterday's MELLOW HARSHER (wish I could blame Mediafire for that one, but I think alcohol was actually at fault). I am open to suggestions for alternate file hosting (both from uploaders and downloaders), and I will make a switch in the next few days. As for problem posts, please don't bombard the comment section, save that for accolades, witticisms, criticisms and valuable background or insight - just send me an email and I will get to it as soon as I can. Ideally, the entire Terminal Escape back catalog, all 1200 posts and counting, are available for download...I will do my best.


6 comments:

Dk said...

You should try zippyshare.com. I suggested it to Greg as well.

the wizard said...

Currently testing both zippyshare and opendrive, both with reasonable results.

Blacktooth said...

This Pregnancy Scares stuff is mean as hell. "Don't Try" and "Reptile Race" have such amazing song structure and riffs. Very well-though-out punk, but still very pissed off. No, the guitars aren't blown out to high hell, but holy shit, this is still super-heavy, super-angry stuff. Thanks!

D Andrew Reid said...

I'm from Ottawa where pregnancy scares hail from and I have to say they are even better live. Shit is insanely intense. Thanks for posting this. Great fucking band.

Anonymous said...

can you puleaze repost this?

the wizard said...

re-upped