New Wave Theatre was a television variety show broadcast in (or "from") Los Angeles in the '80s. Eventually the show (or a version of the show) made its way onto USA Network's Night Flight - a program that was a lifeline for small town freaks like me who were limited by cable networks that didn't include MTV. I remember sitting in front of the TV with my boom box aimed at the speaker, ready to record anything that felt interesting...and it all felt interesting. I would love to go back in time and experience those moments again with adult perspective so I could know what I was learning about, but that's not what innocence is. Innocence is not knowing.
No idea if this is a single episode or a collection of segments......because this is from a tape recorded and archived by someone who was doing the same thing I was doing. A stranger from a completely different place living a completely different place, making a recording that I heard for the first time last week.
22 September 2026
NEW WAVE THEATRE
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment