Don't know why this band only popped onto my radar last week, but I am always happy for a new flash obsession. Classic Aussie garage punk in the THOUGHT CRIMINALS >>> EDDY CURRENT lineage with a notable dose of BUZZCOCKS snark. Brilliantly crafted tunes (only three of them) and a sharp, smart delivery that commands your attention even on the sultry stripped down opener "Nightclubbin'." Only three tracks, self released down under and packaged for the world by Deranged (I suspect this was released during the absolute bombardment of Deranged releases in the '10s, a steady assault that was impossible to keep up with even though the quality was consistent...and that's why I missed this one in real time). This Perth act dropped two full lengths and a slew of singles (and, thankfully, tapes) during their run, so you know how I'll be spending my day. Because three songs aren't enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment