I avoid streaming music services for all of the obvious reasons, but I got free access to one of the recently and I've spent a bit of time diving into things I wouldn't otherwise spend time with (and also listening to a lot of SUICIDAL TENDENCIES). Wednesday I received an unsolicited notification that there was a new PET SHOP BOYS album about to be released and I remembered how much I liked that band so I started poking around....I had stopped paying close attention after Very was released in the early '90s, but these legends have been cranking out material consistently since then and I figured I should have a listen. I started with 2024's Nonetheless and I was floored...then I stared making my way backwards. The opener from 2020's Hotspot ("Will-O-The-Wisp") is a straight up classic, and Super from 2016 was worth three listens back to back (to back). Stunning how consistently great their output is almost 45 years after they started; evolving and meandering into different house/techno subgenres while always sounding exactly like synth pop royalty. It's been a great journey so far, and I plan to start tomorrow with 2013's Electric then keep making my way back to the '80s.
NEKRO SAN
Anyway, here's a tape from a killer Serbian DBeat heavy hardcore band with eurocrust tendencies and a few ripping grind parts. Choice cut is the bleak midpaced closer "Senke," which makes you want to go back to the beginning and see what you may have missed. Total banger start to finish.
Anyway, here's a tape from a killer Serbian DBeat heavy hardcore band with eurocrust tendencies and a few ripping grind parts. Choice cut is the bleak midpaced closer "Senke," which makes you want to go back to the beginning and see what you may have missed. Total banger start to finish.


No comments:
Post a Comment