20 October 2024

WEST COMBAT

 



I was trying to figure out exactly why Reality Is War hits so perfectly. I got deep enough into the jams that I almost forgot I was trying to solve a mystery, and the the opening bars of "Tom & Jerry" solved my mental mystery. It's the damn guitar - sounds like a metalhead just landed in a small town and couldn't find any thrashers to play with so he recruited some spikey punks. The thing about this metalhead though...he plays it ultra loose and the guitars come off kinda unhinged as a result. If you can't read between the lines here....this is a serious compliment and ultimately it makes WEST COMBAT stand out from the crowd. I think I know what you want, and ripping anthemic street punk from Jakarta is what you need, and that's exactly what you're getting today. 

REALITY IS WAR 

           

No comments: