03 October 2024

THE RESIDENTS

 



If you're like me (and for your sake I truly hope that you are not) then you've seen this record (or tape) a thousand times and wondered just what exactly The Third Reich 'n Roll might sound like. And listening to THE RESIDENTS as I write these words, listening to a bunch of absolute freaks from the past make music that defies description, I still don't know what The Third Reich 'n Roll sounds like. This recording was (self) released in 1979 by THE RESIDENTS, and it's no easier to wrap a mind around now than it was then..equal parts psychedelic freakout and irreverent pisstake this collection of montages of radio hits doesn't make any sense....at all. And what really doesn't make sense is how much  I (still) like it. Draw a line between MOTHERS OF INVENTION and NEGATIVLAND and you're gonna run into THE RESIDENTS, but there's nothing like THE RESIDENTS.  Mushrooms advised. 
•••
First: This is (still) one of the coolest looking record covers ever.
Second: The members of THE RESIDENTS were (and are) ever r/evolving and remain eternally mysterious. It's my understanding that I work with one of them.....but I legit have no idea who/m, and I love this.

No comments: