26 March 2020

SMUT


Surely you've crammed First Kiss into your earholes by now (if you haven't, then doing so has just become the most important thing on your "to-do" list), but let us crawl back in time to 2017. A cloudier, less refined, (dare I say nastier?) SMUT turning everything they touched into a hot, sticky, mess. They were on so many of the drugs the first time I saw them that I don't even think they knew what was happening, and every time since has been an adventure....what SMUT are you going to get?That SMUT has grown into a machine, fine tuned and intent on (self) destruction. When they implode they are going to leave a very large hole in California punk, but I hope that I get a lot more on me before that happens. 

 SMUT
This one comes from 2017, and the first half of the demo is borderline unlistenable...unless you are as fukkd up as they were when they were recording it. But hold tight until you get to Izzy's panting moans coming out of the mess as "Foreplay" starts and everything fades into focus and oh balls is it beautiful. Yes, it is beautiful. 

No comments: