14 November 2019

EQUILIBRIUM


I have a lot of tapes. Not like "more than anyone else" and who really cares because it's not a fukkn contest, I'm just saying that I have a lot of tapes and sometimes it's hard to keep track of the history associated with each one. Some of them instantly trigger memories or connections, some of them remind me of shows or people or reviews or places in time...and some of them just make me wonder where the fukk they came from. Maybe we played together, maybe I saw the band, maybe it was a thrift store gamble, maybe it was review fodder that I didn't even give half a shit about the first time I heard it because the stars weren't aligned just so....but now it kicks my ass. This is why they (tapes) are great, and why I hold onto (most of) them way longer than I should. This is also why I have no fukkn clue how EQUILIBRIUM came into my life and/or my collection. Either primitive or primal dirges from 2002, they drop demonic metal vocals on a brutality borne of determination and commitment, resulting in something that is not hardcore, not sludge (ok, maybe sludge), not punk, not metal...but definitely tortured and fukkd in every possible way. Those are the sounds we like around here, and so the collection grows. 



No comments: