13 January 2017

THE CRAMPS


I don't really need to put words on the internet about THE CRAMPS, do I? Honestly, they never really did it for me. I get it, their place in the annals of over-the-top sensational punk and glam was cemented long before I knew who they were, and eternal cheers for shoving their cross dressing make up wearing asses in the collective lap of the sketchy skinhead retirement club known as "rockabilly." So here you go....some tracks from '83, a few from '78 and a live set from sometime around the same era. 


5 comments:

Icky said...

Yeah, I never "got them" either. Props to them, but beyond visually, they don't really speak to me.

zeroid said...

I do get the Cramps and I do thank you very much for the tape, will listen over the weekend. For what it's worth, Psychedelic Jungle is my favourite lp.

shitekrust said...

Might've listen to a Cramps song once, can't remember though...

Anonymous said...

I never got into them either, but I saw them once, pretty late in their career, and Lux was the best frontman I've ever seen.

Anonymous said...

I can remember making similar comments about Louis Armstrong's music. Fortunately I wised up over time.