30 September 2024

DISCLONE

 



First Question: How can there only be one band named DISCLONE? It's so damn obvious that I think I need to start a second one just to demonstrate the point.
Second Question: How the fuck can hearing "yet another dis-clone band" for the first time hit so damn hard and sound so damn good?

•••••


So there I was sitting in El Buen Sabor with Spencer a few weeks back, poring over the bounty he hauled back from his most recent trip to Europe and marveling at the simple genius of a dis-band called DISCLONE. It was the first tape I popped in when I got home that night, and even with maximum expectations I wasn't prepared. Harsh Raw Affront collects four separate releases with disparate recordings that keep the ears on edge and the heart pounding. DBeat mania distorted to absolute oblivion, which is exactly what I want out of this life: to be distorted to the point of being unrecognizable. Success.

•••••
A short tour with SUBHUMANS continues today with a stop in Fresno, California. 
Interested parties are encouraged to attend - guest list spots in exchange for cassettes. 
I'm the old guy slinging shirts. 


No comments: