19 August 2024

HYSTERIC POLEMIX

 



Remember back in 2012 when MORAL HEX and FUNERAL PARADE dropped those demos that completely took over my personal airwaves? You probably don't remember that because...well, they were my personal airwaves and maybe you were listening to something else then? Anyway, those demos appeared and every time I put one on I felt like I couldn't listen to anything else until I had wore that tape the fuck out - B and I jammed the MORAL HEX on repeat during an early morning drive from SF to Portland once while he crushed six stouts in the copilot's chair, clutching the boom box and reveling in how much better it sounded after each beer I don't remember anything else about the drive, I don't remember the show we played when we got there - I remember listening to that tape driving through the fog. This is how HYSTERIC POLEMIX hit me when I first heard it. That's also how this HYSTERIC POLEMIX tape has hit me every damn time I've listened to it - almost like I have to flip the case backwards on the shelf because as soon as I see the spine I'm gonna reach for it and not even think about another tape for the rest of the day. And today...? Maybe it's as much about how the sound makes you feel as it is about the sound itself, right?

1 comment:

aboynamedstew said...

What the hell is this?!?!? I can’t believe how good this is, just perfect gruff pop punk w/ noodly bass and femme vox. I’m glad that I believe you sometimes.