29 August 2024

EVICTION PARTY // LEPER

 



More from EVICTION PARTY - gruff and clean with a the sound of freight trains rolling in the distance. Previously stated, but this 'style' isn't my thing...until it hits just right and it becomes my thing. I admit that I like the self titled tape a little better, but also the determined ramshackle nature of this recording is hard to knock. The flip here is what gets me cooking this morning - ferocious crust tinged hardcore until...well, I'm guessing they cranked a few CHOKING VICTIM records in their time, but they were growing out of it in 2007 when this split dropped. There are a few parts that remind me of my time in HIGH ON CRIME, so there's a touch of nostalgia at work, but really I'm just digging listening to two very different bands while I slam coffee before a ride to work. 


No comments: