17 May 2023

PLEASURE BLADE

 



If you tried to describe PLEASURE BLADE to me I would probably pass. I would probably not be interested. You might say it's kinda dreary and atonal, but that it was also loose and almost amateurish sounding. You might talk about the slow screwed jangly guitars in "State Fair" distracting from the vocals that are just....dark and off - not like drunk and damaged, just...off. You might even mention say that PLEASURE BLADE land like a(nother) '90s indie/grunge/alt throwback and you wouldn't be (entirely) wring and I would probably pass. And that would be my loss, because everything here...works. So I'm not going to describe PLEASURE BLADE. I'm not going to talk about how they sound or what their songs reming me of. I'm just going to say that I recommend listening to Gangstalkers while you're alone. And And I'm going to say that, like so many of the good things, PLEASURE BLADE makes more sense when you're finished that they will when you start.



No comments: