14 April 2023

OBIEDO METALPUNX COLLECTIVE

 

Got a box of Filipino rippers from Zepol (KILLRATIO) a couple of weeks back and I've been itching to really sink my ears into everything (or let everything sink into my ears). This tape from the OBIEDO METALPUNX COLLECTIVE is the first one I've spent proper time with and it keeps hitting harder every time I listen - rough and raw punk and hardcore from three bands out of Naga City who've banded together and formed their own gang of sonic terror dealers. Brutally harsh vocals drive OMNIPOTENT through four blasts of hardcore ripped out of the early '90s USDIY crust annals. URUR lay a steaming pile of raw blackened crust at your doorstep...not for those with weak constitutions. Then the tape ends with MALICIOUS EXISTENCE taking sound to raw extremes - guttural bursts of raw PV-tinged grind/crust that will make you question your fucking reality if you listen at the proper volume. And I stringly suggest listening at the proper volume. There will be more blasters from Zepol's package on these pages eventually, but I'm gonna be stuck listening to this shit for a long ass minute. 


No comments: