28 February 2023

NUCLEAR

 


Of all the 'nuclear' bands that have appeared on these pages over the years, Germany's NUCLEAR might be the most unhinged. I grabbed it on a whim a couple of years ago when I was scooping a few Euro comps (with some house money from selling garbage pop punk) and hoooooo-weeee was I pleased with that decision. Folks on a search for fidelity will want to move right along because this NUCLEAR is fast, loose and raw as fukk hardcore punk from 1984 - the kind of band that is playing way faster and way more intense than their physical ability should allow. This recording and a slew of tracks (most of which seem to have come from this session) on cassette comps (most of which I now feel like I need) are all that NUCLEAR did until recording an EP in 1990 (I guess I need that also). Total MOB 47 / LÄRM vibes here, and the entire B side is a blistering and abrasive live set from Bielefeld in 1985....legendary shit (at least it should be). 




No comments: