07 November 2021

NEGATIVE DEGREE



I swear that the only reason these rockers aren't (more) revered is that they're from Denver. Don't get me wrong - Denver is a great town and I've played lots of excellent shows there with lots of excellent bands. It's just....far away. If you're touring, it's that part of the country where you're looking at 8-10 hour drives day after day after day in the modern world of destination fests and local shows that pay about the same as they did when I was 22 years old and gas was $1.20/gallon...well, you can see why folks choose to skirt the places that are a little harder to get to - math is a motherfucker. Their loss, because if you went to Denver in the 2010s, you probably played with NEGATIVE DEGREE, and damn that band ruled. Shit, maybe they still rule? I wouldn't know - haven't been to Denver in years. 

BEAT THE CROWDS 


No comments: