07 February 2020

RUSSIAN RAP MIX TAPE


Don't really know where to start...or where to end: six cuts of Russian (and Belarusian?) hip hop on the flip side of an indie/punk demo. I used the internet to (possibly) identify a few of the artists, but I'm going in basically blind so I offer you the same experience. The weird thing is....I kinda like some of this. The general vibe is early '90s vaguely commercial rap, heavy on the samples with some MC trade offs, so if you want to get (a little) weird then we've got you all sorted out over here.  The fifth cut is the funkiest by far, fans of 3RD BASS will want to pay attention here. Comments and critiques welcomed.




3 comments:

Hobo said...

Hi! There won't be critics from my side but I can identify all these bands as I'm native russian lang speaker. I'll go through them all and later post a comment with info on bands at least.

As for the songs synopsis, well, I can do that too if you want

Vile Posture said...

Nah Hobo, keep that shit to yourself.

Aleksey said...

1.Лигалайз;2.Крестная семья;3.Нестандартный вариант;4.Многоточие;5.Кирпичи;6.Каста.