05 February 2020

GUTTERCUT


The internet will never be comprehensive - there will always be artifacts from the physical realm that remain there forever. But thankfully, today there's one more piece to the never ending DIY hardcore puzzle reduced to soulless code for the purpose of consumption. This GUTTERCUT is a tale of two sides - both full of noise and fury - relentless, raging crust/hc on one, chaotic and damaged noisecore on the other. The noisecore tracks are incredibly fukkd up, warbling guitars and non-riffs punching their way through sub-60 second bursts of nearly unlistenable insanity. The hardcore is what really shines, six tracks of full fukkn throttle dual vocal '90s crust/core reduced to its purest form. Raw and furious, these tracks are enough to bring even a new generation slime punk over to the OG dark side of hardcore...the the very embodiment of chaotic rage. The thing is....I'm not sure which is GUTTERCUT, I'm not sure if both are GUTTERCUT, it's possible that neither are GUTTERCUT.  According to the address on the back, this banger is from Denmark and was recorded in 1995, there are nine tracks listed (each side has seven, and one is a Hank, Sr. cut) but I'll be fukkd if I can tell you anything else. Historians encouraged, and I look forward to being told that one of these sides (I'm guessing that the hardcore) is actually a known entity and I just can't place them - I will happily correct the files and right the internet once we know more, but until then I will keep breaking things in my mind and listening to some brutal sounds. 


No comments: