19 May 2013

OGHAM


This piece of utter brilliance comes courtesy of the Merz Tapes label (an outfit I only recently dicovered), and is nothing short of mesmerizing. Well over an hour of carefully constructed and ever so subtly manipulated drones. The first track is what I imagine an ambient remix of SLEEP's Jerusalem might sound like, and the second is 45 minutes of calculated and deliberate haunt. I listened to this cassette for nearly five hours straight the day I bought it...OGHAM was the background to everything I did that day, and it was the sound that put me to sleep that night. This is something I recommend very highly, and if anyone has more information about the artist and/or other releases, please share...




2 comments:

The Thing That Should Not Be said...

It's 'Ogham' - named after an ancient runic set of letters - and you can buy it here - http://antimatterrecords.bigcartel.com/product/ogham-i-cassette -

and check out more about it from one half of the duo, Kevin Gan Yuen here - http://viraloptic.blogspot.co.uk/

worsethanuseless said...

One half is Kevin from Sutekh Hexen and the other is Thomas from Trepaneringsritualen. Hexen stuff doesn't do much for me but TxRxPx is all stellar. Thanks!