19 May 2013

OGHAM


This piece of utter brilliance comes courtesy of the Merz Tapes label (an outfit I only recently dicovered), and is nothing short of mesmerizing. Well over an hour of carefully constructed and ever so subtly manipulated drones. The first track is what I imagine an ambient remix of SLEEP's Jerusalem might sound like, and the second is 45 minutes of calculated and deliberate haunt. I listened to this cassette for nearly five hours straight the day I bought it...OGHAM was the background to everything I did that day, and it was the sound that put me to sleep that night. This is something I recommend very highly, and if anyone has more information about the artist and/or other releases, please share...




3 comments:

The Thing That Should Not Be said...

It's 'Ogham' - named after an ancient runic set of letters - and you can buy it here - http://antimatterrecords.bigcartel.com/product/ogham-i-cassette -

and check out more about it from one half of the duo, Kevin Gan Yuen here - http://viraloptic.blogspot.co.uk/

worsethanuseless said...

One half is Kevin from Sutekh Hexen and the other is Thomas from Trepaneringsritualen. Hexen stuff doesn't do much for me but TxRxPx is all stellar. Thanks!

thousandfolded said...

This is awesome. Especially that second track. Thanks for the intro to this.