11 December 2023

TOM & BOOT BOYS

 



YOu get TOM & BOOT BOYS or you simply don't. But to get TOM & BOOT BOYS....is to love TOM & BOOT BOYS. For well over twenty years, these Japanese spiky punk have cranked out noisy adolescent pogo punk of the highest fukkn order - this was the blueprint before anyone else was even building the sound. I snagged the Punks Are Alright on my first trip to Japan and for a song or two I thought the whole band might be a piss-take. But no...TOM & BOOT BOYS are a way of life and they are clearly lifers. This Latest Fuckin' Collection Vol.2015 was given the US cassette treatment by the fine folks at Dark Raids (what happened to Dark Raids...if they're still kicking then I'd love to hang the next time I'm in Fresno) and compiles recordings spanning the second decade of TOM & BOOT BOYS. Older, snottier, spikier, and still as juvenile and irreverent as ever. 



No comments: