29 May 2022

LHC

 

I'm (always) happy to give tapes a new home, a few spins, maybe even a pathway to new ears, even if I'm just the last stop before the rubbish bin because sometimes the stuff people think is crap is genuinely...crap. But I recently started digging into a box of bangers from a friend who realized that their tapes were just too much (I get it - and I feel like I'll reach that tipping point with CDs at some point), and I felt like a little kid discovering punk for the first time all over again. Loads more tapes from that package will show up here, but first: Tijuana's LHC. It's hard to explain how or why Decídete works as well as it does - FUGAZI and Midwest basement hardcore and RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE-influenced heavy alt in a fukkn fiery ball of power and I'm here for it. The groove that I mentioned yesterday cannot be denied here, and is exactly what makes LHC hit so right. The band just all in - rolling rumbling bass lines and vocals spit with constant intensity...chances are good that I would have dismissed this in 1998 (that's a guess), but maybe I just wasn't ready yet. Now I am. 

No comments: