17 April 2022

RESIST

 


Perhaps there's not much new to say about RESIST, but I feel like they're a starter band that people just kindof acknowledge instead of really listening to. They were a band whose records (and the patches) I'd see everywhere, so there was always this "I'll listen to them later because I can listen to them any time" casual acceptance. RESIST just were, and you knew they were good but lots of folks never dug much deeper than that. Well, I blast the shit out of Liberation and I have a very hard time thinking about RESIST in the passive sense ever again. Shit is like '90s political hardcore ripped from the clutches of POISON IDEA - driving and intense sub two minute bursts that command, and demand, full attention. Five burners plus a SABBATH cover (that works way better than you'd think it would) and a live version of "United States Of Apathy" from their first demo...this is eleven minutes of fire. 



No comments: