26 November 2011

THE OILY MENACE


I got super stoked on this when I heard it last year, and fully intended to share the sounds immediately...if you people could only imagine how amazing I would be if I actually managed to pull off a fraction of the things that I have "fully intended" to do during my adult life. But, as with most of my "accomplishments," better late than never, and please enjoy Michigan's THE OILY MENACE. Clearly taking their cues from the earlier and more original bands under the heavy umbrella, elements of melody are eschewed for raw blasting violence, and sweet candy hooks are skipped over for bursts of unbridled power. Downtuned non-formulaic '90s crust with a downtuned '80s death metal delivery...and band who takes their cues from The Dead Of Night... is at least starting off on the right foot. Oh yeah, and they are really into kale, which is my favorite vegetable. Enjoy.

4 comments:

zeroid said...

"Non-formulaic crust" has got me interested! I like kale too, especially chopped up and fried with sesame seeds in soy sauce...

Kevin said...

Cloud Rat / Oily Menace / Wolbachia split LP comes with a packet of kale seeds.

Elliot said...

I know you must have a lot on your plate but a re-up of this would be much appreciated!

the wizard said...

re-upped