06 March 2024

MILK CULT

 



On the 1994 MULTIPLE CHOICE and the 1995 FUCKFACE tours (same band, different drummers, different band names - it made sense at the time) we listened to basically the same tapes over and over. I'm sure there were others, but the three that I remember are (in order): 
1. A homemade mix that with a full ECONOCHRIST album and BORN AGAINST's Nine Patriotic Hymns
2. A promo copy of BUZZOV•EN's Sore
3. MILK CULT's 1992 opus Love God
I'm sure there were other tapes, but these are the ones that will stick with me forever. I can talk to you about MILK CULT from a position of ignorance if you prefer, but basically it was a side project from two of the STEEL POLE BATHTUB dudes heavy on beats and samples. And I still love this shit - not (just) because it's good (and it's really good), but because it reminds me of a then. Reminds me of a time when sometimes we did stupid shit and didn't even know it was stupid, and sometimes we did stupid shit because we fucking did what the fuck we wanted to do. Dip into MILK CULT if you like, and take a trip back into (a different) time with me. It's nice there. There are jerks and assholes and bad people still - but they are more abstract and distant. They are other (even though we still hate them), but they just don't fucking matter, you dig? 

No comments: