22 March 2018

THE DRAINS


I almost never reach for garage punk, but I am often quite pleased when it reaches out to me. THE DRAINS from Buffalo found their way into my life a while back, and I enjoy grooving to their snotty reverb drenched sounds....sounds I hope that you will enjoy as well. They are classically casual in their approach, a lazy confidence that fits the genre like a glove, and then they hit the road after six short minutes. Perhaps my inattentiveness acts as a quality filter, accidentally ensuring that only the choicest jammers find their way to me...but if there's quality like this in the sub-world, then maybe I need to retire from hardcore and before a garage rocker. Actually...no, I definitely don't need to do that, so I'll just keep blasting THE DRAINS and chanting "OK, OK, OK" at the start of "Learning Disability" each time the tape flips. 


No comments: