13 March 2016

TOM T. HALL


The best country artists are the storytellers, and there are few in league with TOM T. HALL. As many other heavyweights, he first achieved notoriety as a songwriter (ever heard "Harper Valley, PTA"?) but soon made a name by picking and singing the tales himself. These are the sounds of my youth, and 1975's I Wrote A Song About It received countless plays around the Collins household in the second, divorce-ridden half of that beleaguered decade, and even though I didn't have a sip of The Devil's Elixir for another 15 years, The Young Wizard knew every word to "I Like Beer" as a five-year-old.


5 comments:

K said...

Love your country posts! Please keep 'em coming.

Tom T. Hall said...

I DON'T LIKE. REMOVE THIS LINK NOW

Wholly Molar said...

This may sound mean, but I mean it as a compliment. They should call him Tom Teeth Hall. What a glorious set of choppers! Pre-whitening strips!!

Brian Seattle said...

Thanks for posting this. It takes me back to my childhood.

Cheers,

Brian Guy

Anonymous said...

No NO NO!