31 August 2014

POWER ASSAULT


I wish I could convey how perfect this 1989 demo sounds at the very moment I am typing these words. It's ugly crossover/thrash, but I can't tell if they are primitive and accidentally brilliant or if they possessed a vision that far surpassed their recording budget. "Pyromaniac" is an undeniable classic, and flourishes like the guitar overdub on "Eyes Of Blood"  are things that would be potential boner killers if presented in full studio glory - but in the context of this banger, the shit just rules. Maybe this is just another shitty late '80s thrash demo to you, but to me? This sounds so right.

You can even see the ball point pen lines in the gaping mouth on the junior high cover art...

3 comments:

... said...

Thanks.

Robert Plante said...

Thanks for the upload. Where were they from?

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU! I've been trying to find this demo forever. It's one of those tapes I never got around to ordering.