18 June 2014

DEVOCHIKA (デボチカ)


I should be able to simply tell you that this is noisy under the radar Japanese fastcore trash and have you all leaping for the download button...right? Then again, perhaps I have misjudged you, and I need to talk about the manic insanity of tracks like "Progressive Rockstar." But I won't, and I also won't mention the all out mindfuck of "Metal Blues" that brings to mind bands like UG MAN and EXCLAIM crashing headfirst into FLIPPER (whose influence and importance I appreciate, but whose music I find overwhelmingly shit, by the way). I had to write Max and ask what the fuck the band was called, he told me the term is a common one, but he doesn't know why. Well, bands like this are decidedly uncommon....and I don't know why. This is pure '00s magic - I don't know if this happens in The New Decade, though there's still time for someone fix that...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gnarly! id like not to sound like a pain in the ass but wont you please re up the Geese/Raid cassette as well? i know the guy Grudgefuck (nice Rigor Mortis reference btw)asked for it im literally dying to listen to it too :/ !!

Andrew TSKS said...

"Devochka" is the Russian word for "girl."

the wizard said...

Re-ups complete as requested.