02 February 2014

DEBONING METHOD


I spent most of my day working next to some dudes listening classic heavy metal all day, and I knew when I came home I wanted to post this tape for you to start your week with. South Carolina demonic thrash metal from 1988, an obvious SLAYER influence (I mean, what late '80s thrash metal band didn't try to emulate SLAYER at least a little bit?) but the slower bits are pure and primitive, unhindered by success or expectation. The vocalist sounds like he was reared on punk, and barks with the intensity of pre-thrash hardcore, but the guitar leads are always there to remind you that this shit is metal. "Contaminated Nutrients" is the banger here, and the drummer later joined the ranks of MALEVOLENT CREATION and HATE ETERNAL, in case you were curious.



No comments: